Better to be prepared & plan for your personal recovery
Creating a sober living plan isn’t easy. Especially when you consider that the purpose of living life may vary from person to person. Some people discover purpose early in life; some at later stages; and of course those too unfortunate tales who never discover their purpose.
To life with a sense of purpose is crucial for creating meaningful goals in life. Setting appropriate goals to achieve your life purpose increase your potential for a better life and your chances of positively impacting others.
According to Olive Goldsmith the Anglo-Irish author “Life is a Journey that must be traveled no matter how bad the road and accommodations.” As said by Oliver “life is a journey” so it requires some planning for both good and bad roads encountered on the journey. Effective planning for a life journey will help you achieve life purpose, evaluate, prioritize and organize your life goals.
Staying focused on one’s life-purpose or new found goal(s) in life-journey requires steady reflection on your purpose. Evaluating your performance will involve a realistic and sober assessment of both achievements and setbacks; often resulting in sober living for a specific period. Sober living obliges you to be in a calm and sane frame of mind that makes you take control of your emotions and desires, especially in difficult situations.
This sought of exercise help improve your strengths, uniqueness as a person and enhances your self-worth especially when faced with tough circumstances of life. Sober living is most beneficial when faced with issues of addiction, abuse, tragedy or loss. It genuinely helps you cultivate new skills and healthy habits to break addictions and address fear(s) that may be holding you back.
Here are some good reasons why you might need a sober living plan:
- A new vision and direction for a healthy life style: You should develop a sober living plan to provide good direction by identifying your motives behind your actions. Creating a sober living plan helps in shaping behavior for achieving life full of purpose.
- To stay focused: A sober living plan can help outline set of actions aimed at developing new and healthy life skills. The plan provides guidance by clearly stating the objectives and expected results; this will help realignment to one’s purpose to healthy lifestyle.
- Create a set of priorities: Once objectives are developed for sober living, priorities need to be set right and make it easier to take ownership of the plan. Prioritizing the activities make it easier to say no to distracting initiatives.
- Provides self-accountability: A sober living plan written in a simple and realistic manner can be easily be measured by outcomes. The plan helps measure level of accomplishment of set goals and holds you accountable for what is yet to be accomplished in your sober living plan.
- Identify the resources and support: The sober living plan will identify the needed support and resources to create a healthy lifestyle. It further showcases estimates of resources and strategies for achieving the set goals and timing.
Feel free to read our previous blog about the damage of drugs and how it’s destroying you faster than you think.